Daring ‘fire rescue’ Penicuik man is hailed a hero

Angus Blackburn with boy he saved from fire
Angus Blackburn with boy he saved from fire

Overcome with smoke inhalation, Penicuik man Angus Blackburn was forced to flee a burning building with the knowledge that a six-year-old child was trapped inside. His brave decision to re-enter the house undoubtedly saved the boy’s life.

Without hesitation Angus, of Jackson Street, went into the property, which was full of fumes. He explained: “The scary part was getting out the house because I couldn’t see a thing. My eyes were wide open but it was a complete black out.