Dr McIntosh (63) has just retired after more than 30 years as a GP at Roslin Medical Practice. He is married to Fiona and they have twin daughters.
Where did you grow up?
Edinburgh, Brussels, Belgian Congo, Newcastleton (Scottish Borders), Edinburgh.
On a scale of 1-10 rank how happy you are with your lot?
What would it take to get this to 10?
Not possible but another dog would get it to 9.
If you could give one bit of advice to your 18-year-old self, what would it be?
It’s your career and your life, be sure you do what you want to do, and don’t let others persuade you otherwise, thinking that they know you better than you know yourself, or it will be much harder to achieve your goals.
Find out more about Dr McIntosh in the October 17 edition of the Advertiser - when was the last time he cried and does he have any regrets?
See this week’s paper for 5 minutes with Councillor Bryan Pottinger.
If you’d like to take part in our 5 minutes with feature - email us your answers to the questions below and attach a headshot of yourself.
1. Where did you grow up?
2. On a scale of 1-10 rank how happy you are with your lot?
3. What would it take to get this to 10?
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
5. If you could give one bit of advice to your 18-year-old self, what would it be?
6. When was the last time you cried and why?
7. What?s your greatest achievement?
8. What three things would you still like to do before you die?
9. What?s your favourite food?
10. Where was the last place you went on holiday?
11. What was the last book you read?
12. What?s the biggest fib you?ve ever told?
13. If you ruled the world, what single act would you carry out?
14. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
15. Name three guests, dead or alive, that you?d have at your fantasy dinner party.
16. Who or what is your greatest inspiration?
17. What?s your most embarrassing moment?
18. Do you have any regrets?
19. What makes you see red?
20. In no more than five words, write your own epitaph.