DCSIMG

Five in a room was an ‘absolute nightmare’ say Gorebridge gas street family

Newbyres Crescent, Gorebridge

Newbyres Crescent, Gorebridge

A family of five spent a “nightmare” night in a Gilmerton hotel after their newly fitted carbon dioxide alarms went off last Tuesday evening.

Janet and Richard Cruining, along with their 16-year-old daughter, their dog, and Richard’s parents who were visiting from Holland, were offered a room in the Abbey Lodge bedsit at 11.30pm, after spending two hours standing outside their home as instructed by the council.

Speaking the next day, Janet said: “I have been in floods of tears because it has been an absolute nightmare.

“I’m not knocking the place because they tried their best. But the heating wasn’t on, it was freezing. We are all exhausted.

“My daughter was virtually sleeping on the floor. It was just a joke.”

Read more in this week’s Midlothian Advertiser, out now.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page