Midlothian’s indicator of trust success

EDINBURGH, UK - June 2013:  A group from the National Trust of Scotland has made the assent to the top of Allermuir in the Pentalnd Hills to fit a newly refurbished plaque to the hills cairn after it came off last winter. The indicator was gifted to the Trust in 1964 by Arthur Russell OBE WS, who was the Trust's first Secretary and Treasurer when it was formed in 1931. The refurbishment has been funded by Arthur's son George Russell who has travelled from America to help seat the new indicator on top of Allermuir Hill. (Photograph: MAVERICK PHOTO AGENCY)

EDINBURGH, UK - June 2013: A group from the National Trust of Scotland has made the assent to the top of Allermuir in the Pentalnd Hills to fit a newly refurbished plaque to the hills cairn after it came off last winter. The indicator was gifted to the Trust in 1964 by Arthur Russell OBE WS, who was the Trust's first Secretary and Treasurer when it was formed in 1931. The refurbishment has been funded by Arthur's son George Russell who has travelled from America to help seat the new indicator on top of Allermuir Hill. (Photograph: MAVERICK PHOTO AGENCY)

0
Have your say

Enhancement of a viewpoint in the Midlothian hills is helping celebrate more than 80 years of environmental endeavour.

The National Trust for Scotland has marked the Year of Natural Scotland and its care of countryside places with the re-attachment of the Allermuir Indicator in Pentlands Regional Park.

The conservation charity, which owns and cares for more than 76,000 hectares of Scottish countryside, was gifted the indicator in 1964.

For full story, see this week’s Advertiser.