Penicuik man is rescued after pan fire

0
Have your say

A 28-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation after a pan of food burst into flames in his Penicuik home.

Fire crews were called to the address in Carlops Avenue just after 2pm on Sunday July 31.

Firefighters, who could hear a smoke alarm sounding as they approached, forced entry into the house and led the occupier out of the property to safety.

He was suffering from smoke inhalation and was checked over at the scene by ambulance crew. He did not require hospital treatment.

A Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The kitchen is one of the most common areas in the home for a house fire to start.

“We would urge people to make sure that they have a working smoke alarm in their home, it really is the best way to protect yourself from fire, ensuring that with early warning you have time to get out of the property and raise the alarm.”

Full story in this week’s Advertiser. On sale now.