Diners at an award-winning restaurant enjoyed some drama during their meal on Sunday evening.
Dalkeith firefighters were called to a chimney fire at the Sun Inn, Lothianbridge, shortly before 7.30pm.
Although the fire was extinguished prior to the crew’s arrival, they remained for almost an hour to use a thermal imaging camera to check the chimney space.
Meanwhile, a crew from Dalkeith attended a chimney fire in Crawlees Crescent, Mayfield, at 9.50am on Friday. Firefighters used a roof ladder and high pressure hose reel to put out the fire.