A Midlothian mum who caught fire while having a cigarette in a cafe toilet in Edinburgh died in hospital recently.
Kirsty Lennon, from Mayfield, is believed to have been using an aerosol in Costa Coffee while smoking.
Stunned onlookers told how the 33-year-old ran screaming from the bathroom at the South Bridge cafe “like a human fireball”.
She suffered 30 per cent burns in the drama on Tuesday, February 3 and was taken to St John’s Hospital in Livingston for treatment, but died from her injuries three days later.
A Police Scotland spokesman said emergency services had been called to the cafe after a woman sustained “serious burns”, adding: “She was taken to St John’s for treatment, however she sadly died on Friday. A report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal.”
A Costa spokesman said: “Our thoughts are with her and her family at this time.”