Residents are being urged to take extra care when it comes to electrical devices.
The warning from Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service follows a 12-month spell during which two people died and 13 people were treated for injuries in Midlothian as a result of electrical related fires.
From April 1 last year to March 31 there were 52 fires in homes due to faults, misuse or carelessness with electrical devices.
Community Safety Group Commander Mike Jaffray said: “The fact there were three fatalities [in the Lothians] last year as a result of electrical related fires is tragic, and we want to get the safety message into people’s minds to try to prevent any further tragedies from happening.”
Read full story in the June 7 edition of the Midlothian Advertiser.