The presses at a Penicuik printers will soon be running for the very last time.
After 60 years in business, Pen-Y-Coe Press will close when owners Ian and Pat Wallace retire.
The printing firm was established by Ian’s father, John, in 1952. He had worked in the papermill on leaving the army and gradually moved into the printing business.
Pen-Y-Coe Press was initially based in West Street before transferring to its current site, the former Post Office building in Bridge Street.
It was from its new location that Pen-Y-Coe Press was encouraged by the town clerk to print a small four-page leaflet publicising community events.
The Town Crier was born and Pen-Y-Coe Press continued to publish the booklet, now boasting 28-pages, until January.
Full story in this week’s Advertiser. On sale now.