Three and easy for league leaders

Wayne McIntosh (number 11) celebrates his goal for Rose's first
Wayne McIntosh (number 11) celebrates his goal for Rose's first

Bonnyrigg Rose bounced back to winning ways following their Scottish Cup exit, with a gritty performance at Olivebank on Saturday.

In a goalless opening quarter which saw a series of unsuccessful set pieces for either side, the first of the afternoon bookings was dealt to verbal dissenter Kevin Bracks.

In 24 minutes a Nelson free kick was well taken by Dodds.

But just one minute later Bonnyrigg broke the deadlock with the opening goal. A ball swung in from the right wing was initially blocked by Scott Gibson but the rebound fell to Wayne McIntosh who seized the opportunity to score from close in despite Dodds getting a hand to it.

At the beginning of the second half Hoskins sent a free kick straight in to Dodds grasp before a raging shot at the other end by 20 goals Sean Jamieson fully tested Mike Andrews tipping the ball round the post for a corner.

But in 55 minutes it was 2-0 to Robbie Horn’s men as Adam Nelson’s corner found unmarked McIntosh whose direct header nestled in the Burgh net for his brace and the first of a double whammy to the hosts .

As it was just three minutes later when a second yellow card for Liam McKenna for a foul on McGachie in full flight saw the former Rose player sent off with the Burgh struggling to cope.

On the hour mark Scott Gibson earned another booking for a hefty foul as Bonnyrigg were in control.

Musselburgh took off booked Gary Hamilton bringing on John Hall to try to stem the flow before a clever looping Lewis Turner header almost caught out keeper Dodds.

Ex-Bonnyrigg man Kevin McLeish joined the yellow card list for another foul before another ex-Rose player Sean Paliczka was substituted by Jack Wright going into the last quarter.

Ex-Newtongrange’s Sean Jamieson fouled Hoskins and he too was yellow carded before Jackie Myles also saw yellow for a foul on Turner.

Ross Archibald came on for Bonnyrigg for Andrew Kidd before Bonnyrigg were awarded a penalty some 15 minutes from the end. Burgh’s bad day continued when Dean Hoskins made no mistake from the spot to see the Rose home and dry at 3-0.

And Bonnyrigg strolled to the finishing line with something to spare.